Dali

Dali
Life is but a dream...

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Our Justice System Needs Serious Fixing


Normally, I don't like reporting on things so gruesome, but I remember when they found this girl. Joseph Edward Duncan III was sentenced to death yesterday for kidnapping, torturing, and murdering 9-year-old Dylan Groene in 2005. Although I remain split on capital punishment, I support this ruling because not only did he kidnap and repeatedly rape and torture the boy before shooting him in the head, and then suffocating him, he also kidnapped and tortured his sister, AND murdered his older brother, mother, and mother's boyfriend. The punishment should fit the crime, so I believe he should be gang rapped before he is hung. Yeah, I said hung. Lethal injection is too good for him. Why do I say that? This man was out on parole when he committed these horrific crimes. He had previously been convicted of raping a boy at gunpoint in 1980, and has admitted to 3 other murders in the '90's. What went wrong? Why was this violent and disturbed man set free, free to destroy the Groene family? Something is horribly wrong with our justice system. We need to fix this, quick. I know it's a lot to put on Obama's shoulders, but hopefully with him becoming President, he can get the ball rolling in the right direction. Anyway, say a prayer today for Dylan and Shasta Groene, their mother, brother, and a man who almost became their step-father, as well as the rest of their family.

No comments: