Dali

Dali
Life is but a dream...

Monday, August 11, 2008

Him Gone, Ya'll

So Saturday Mr. D and I are watching TV, when there is a breaking news flash. "Actor and comedian Bernie Mac has passed in a Chicago hospital due to complications with pneumonia." They also reported him as passing last weekend, so I thought it was another false report. 30 minutes later, my best friend Miss S.S.P. calls me and tells me one of her friends was just on the phone with her mother who had been crying for 20 minutes because him gone. That's when I knew it was true. He was only 50 ya'll. We are losing all the greats. The godfather of soul, James Brown, is gone. Marvin Gaye. Luther. Now the Mac man. Who the hell are the kids left with now? Soulja Boy, Mr. ya trick ya? Damn ya'll, the world is going to hell in a handbasket. I feel it is my personal duty to take up where Bernie left off and continue to educate people on the word fuck. The mantle has been passed. RIP, Mack.

No comments: