Dali

Dali
Life is but a dream...

Monday, August 11, 2008

Movie Review

I finally got to see The Dark Knight this weekend with Mr. D. We were going to see it opening day while we were in Chicago, but the 17th happened. Anyway, I loved this movie! Heath Ledger was incredible! (I won't give any spoilers) He was so freaking dark in this movie; he really made you believe he was a psychotic maniac. I know Michelle Williams was crying when she saw it. The whole movie was very well written. And even though I wasn't too thrilled with Maggie Gyllenhaal taking over as Rachel from Katie Holmes (damn you Tom. you killed Katie! you go to hell and you die!), she did a decent job. I didn't too much like them changing Harvey Dent's storyline, but Mr. D later explained to me this movie was closer to his original storyline than the Michael Keaton Batman movie, so I stand corrected.

So, I only had two complaints. 1.) Who in the hell decided Batman should talk like that? I know Christan Bale's throat was on fire after he filmed the Batman scenes. It's supposed to be deep and slightly dark. Not that grating bullshit they had him doing. They need to fix that for the next movie. 2.) It was long as hell! The damn movie is about 3 hours long. Granted, it's a good 3 hours, but damn, they coulda warned a bitch! I thought if we caught the 6:45 show, we could get home and make a quick meal before bed. It was a quarter to 10 before we got out of the show! But that's ok, cuz Heath kept me thoroughly entertained. The man is a genius, and his Joker was a pure evil genius. Go see the movie, heffas. I know you’ve probably seen this trailer a million times, but it’s got a lot of Joker footage in it, so here you go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i still wish Katie Holmes had stayed on board as Rachel Dawes for the Dark Knight; it was like the time spent getting familiar with her character in Batman Begins was wasted...

Miss P said...

i agree. i have always loved katie holmes, and i really liked her performance in the first installment, and was looking forward to her with heath and christian in this one. pulling out was probably her worst career move to date, besides marrying tom, of course.

thanks for reading!