Dali

Dali
Life is but a dream...

Friday, September 26, 2008

Supernatural Review

Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester




Ok, let me say off top I am not at all feeling the vibe they are throwing this episode. Yes, I understand its necessary to lead the plot in the direction they want to go, but... I don't know. Maybe it will grow on me.

As you can tell from the title, this episode does a lot of talking about whether or not God (and angels) exist.

Now, I am not going to go into a full on scene by scene breakdown. For one thing, it's an hour long. On top of that, I told ya'll I'm not liking this 9 o'clock time slot. I was tired and cranky, so I don't exactly remember everything.


This episode had ghost of the people various hunters couldn't save attack them. Those who were unlucky enough to be killed by the ghost had their hearts ripped out through their rib cage. They did two close ups of two different bodies, and it was gruesome. Good job on not watering it done.



Bobby and his personal vengeful demons


Anyway, Dean ends up being confronted by Meg Masters. Only she doesn't look like the Meg we remember. Her vengeful ghost tells us this is the way she looked before the demon ambushed her and forced her to dress like a hooker.






Meg is pissed because she was inside her body the whole time, willing Dean to hear her, but of course he couldn't. After they expelled the demon using her body, and her family saw her in the morgue broken and dead, her baby sister who idolized her committed suicide. So now Meg is back to even the score. As Meg is spilling her guts, and coincidentally kicking Dean in his, Dean is truly and visibly remorseful he couldn't do more to save her. It was very touching and moving. Good job.



Anyway, we find out Bobby has a ghost proof panic room. It's 100% iron, and the walls are coated in salt. There is an opening in the ceiling and the light hitting the fan projects a Devil's Trap on the ground. Good job Bobby.



Blah blah blah, we find out all these ghosts are back because it's one of the seals of the Apocalypse, The Rising Of The Witnesses. Apparently, a very powerful demon has broken one of the seals to start the Apocalypse. And once all 66 seals are broken, Lucifer walks free.



We also find out, thanks to the vengeful spirit of Agent Hendrickson, when Lilith took out the police station after the Winchester's escaped, it wasn't in a blaze of white light, in the blink of an eye. Lilith took her sweet time, playing with them, for 45 minutes. Hendrickson was the last to die, so he got to watch the virgin get her skin peeled from her piece by piece. I'd be vengeful, too, if I had to watch that.





So, they free the spirits, yay for them. Of course, Sam doesn't use his freaky powers, which I was waiting for. Boo for you, Sam.



Then the angel visits Dean while Sam was sleeping. Of course he goes into this long rant about where were you and why doesn't God care and help, blah blah blah. Very irritating. But, we do learn it's Lilith opening the seals. Dun dun dun.




Sooooo..... I give this episode a B. There were moments I enjoyed, but for the most part it didn't captivate me. I hope next week's is better. And I'll probably be recording that and watching it Friday. Later, heffas!



No comments: