Dali

Dali
Life is but a dream...

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Save Da Kids

See, this is why I always post about saving the kids. Have ya'll heard about the 8-year-old being held because police think he came home from school and shot his father and another man in cold blood? And in the video of the interrogation that was released, he talks about coming home and finding the bodies calm as hell. Now, I know everyone is innocent until proven guilty, but the simple fact that an 8 year old kid is being held as the primary suspect really hurts me in my heart. We are hearing too many stories now-a-days about these horrible acts, and the kids just keep getting younger and younger. Our society is dying, people, and it's because the are getting our babies.

This story really gets to me because today my family suffered yet another loss. My nephew was born prematurely two months ago, and today his little heart gave out. There is no way I can make the trip to Chicago. My older brother is devastated, just like the rest of the family. In the two months he was here fighting for his life, we loved the hell out of him. Children are a gift from God, and are supposed to be nurtured and loved. But time and time again, we hear stories about little kids getting pregnant, murdering each other. When is the madness going to stop? Do you know how many families lose their babies everyday, and would die for the chance to be good to them, while you turn yours into little monsters?

I had no intent to blog today, but I have to speak. People, please hug your kids, tell them you love them daily, and be the best damn parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, you can be. Please, do it for the babies.

Source

No comments: