Dali

Dali
Life is but a dream...

Friday, February 20, 2009

There's Hope For Us Yet

I am thoroughly convinced the world is going to hell in a handbasket. But every so often, something happens that gives me a little hope and makes my heart smile.

The story is too long to post, so I'll do a recap. The captain of a high school basketball team lost his mother hours before he was supposed to play a team from out of state. He shows up later at the game and wants to play, resulting in a technical foul and 2 free throws for the away team. Instead of taking the points, the coach and captain of the opposing team decide to miss the free throws on purpose to show support for the grieving boy.

The story goes on some more, but that was just really touching for me. It just proves not everyone is so totally consumed with themselves. Some people still know how to show compassion for others.

I've decided today I am going to go out of my way to make at least one person smile. I don't have much to give, but I figure if I can share the gift of happiness, it's a start.

No comments: